Tuesday, June 21, 2005

High School

During our anniversary party on Friday we reminisced about the past. While thinking back we started talking about high school and my hatred of it. All of the sudden someone said that their 20th high school reunion was just around the corner. Wow, well, that person is obviously older than me, I thought.

While on the topic I shared the best 10th reunion memory ever. One of the football players, a guy a had a HUGE crush on, turned out to be gay. He told me that he had been gay since high school. I felt oh so happy, in my mind I could of actually had a chance if he had been straight! Yeah right, eventhough he was gay he kept a straight front by dating the cutest and most popular girls in school, which I wasn't a part of.

Anyway, at the party people started talking about their experiences and all of the sudden my sister says "your 20th is not that far off either". I was like "yes, it is". She looked at me like I was crazy and said "you graduated in 89". "Yeah, but my 20th reunion is so far away". Let me tell you guys that I am extremely bad at math and I always have to guesstimate and round around. So, I started counting with my fingers 90, 91, 92, 93 and then my toes 00, 01, 02, 03...GASP. My 20th high school reunion is in 4 years...what the frick!! That just ain't right.

After my intial shock and disbelief wore off some friends said that they had seen a lot of bald men and that everyone looked old at their 20th. My sister said "Chica still looks cute and I don't think she will look so bad in 4 years". Thanks sister. I guess we all live in denial. My sister needs to realize that she is only 10 months younger than me.

FYI - I graduated from Nimitz High School in Houston way, way back in 1989.

No comments: