Sunday, December 14, 2003

Went to the Christmas Tree farm and picked up my Christmas tree (duh!). It was actually fun, but a bit nippy. It is nice to see that you can actually do something like that in Texas. The only reason I knew about the farms is because I drive to Austin often and have to drive by them, otherwise I would of bought my tree at the grocery store down the street like I do every other year. Well, this whole Christmas Tree Farm is an interesting concept...You get there and they give you a tag outlining the footage of the trees, kinds of trees, and prices, then you walk and pick up a long stick with measurements on it and a saw. You then jump on the next tractor trailer and hitch a ride to your destination, we opted for stop number three, no reason we just thought it was a good stop. You get off the trailer and walk around and around until you find the perfect tree (I am glad that we measured the area were the tree was going to go at home before we left. All the trees that I had my eye on were over 9 ft. high. But, we should of also measured the width of the space also, because the tree we chose is a little bottom heavy), then you start sawing, and sawing, change positions and continue sawing and sawing. My mom, that went with us, is just glad that John does not make a living as a lumber jack, we would be starving by now. Ha, ha! Anyway, the whole experience, even though neat, does not come cheap, the tree had a whopping price tag of $67. I mean we could of driven to Kroger gotten a tree for $45 and driven home, but the pictures and memories of John chopping down a tree will last a life time.

No comments: