Friday, May 27, 2005

Recap

I am Sorry that I have been gone for a really long time. I have just been extremely busy around here. Among the usual taking care of my two kids (wow, it still feels so weird saying it) and everything that goes along with that I also returned to work this week, a close friend's dad passed away, and we have a home makeover that was stalled when we received the wrong wood.

On Saturday the 14th before everything else happened I did attend the Art Car Parade. Here are some pics. My favorite and most creative car (in my opinion) was the student driver one. It even had a body dragging from the bag.







My friend's father passed away, he was only 65. I hate funerals because I never know what to say. I always say "hi, how are you?" all the time as it is, it comes out automatically without even thinking. I am such an idiot, how do I think they are doing?

I returned to work this week after being off for 12 weeks, yeap, I am feeling just like you are thinking. Last week my company lost a huge court case and was ordered to pay $125 million dollars. Of course is on appeal, but there might not be a job much longer. I already told my boss that if they start handing out severance packages I wanted to be one of the firsts, but the thought of going interviewing and kissing ass so I can get a job is not very appealing to me. Looking for a job sucks.

Like if I did not have anything else to deal with...earlier this year we had decided to replace the downstairs carpet with wood, matching the wood that was already laid down on the kitchen and dining room. Well, after special ordering the wood, waiting for it to arrive, getting it to the house, waiting the three days for the wood to acclimate, moving all our furniture to different areas of the house, calling the guys several time to install it, and having the guys pull up the carpet, leaving the concrete behind, it turns out that we got the wrong wood! I was so completely pissed off. After all that we had to return the wood (Home Depot does not carry the wood we needed) and start the process all over again. After a million calls I found someone that has the wood in stock and can install it next week, so hopefully we will have a new floor by next Friday.

Oh yeah, I to piss me off even more as of last Monday (May 23rd) I had only lost one extra pound. Bringing my grand total of pounds lost to 11.5 pounds. Yuck!!!

No comments: