Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Eating My Words

Last year when I was up in Boston I told everyone that if the Red Sox would of faced the Astros in the ’04 World Series we would at least won one game (If you guys remember the Cardinals were swept by the Red Sox).

Today is the last chance the Astros have to win just one game!! Go Astros. I Believe!!

JR is at the game today. When he came home on Friday I told him that we had to have a family meeting. The conversation went something like this…John, as you know I have not gotten my period in a while and well, there is something me and the kids want to give you (at that point and time there was terror written all over his face). I gave The Sequel a little box and told him to give it to his father. (Background – Last year when I found out I was pregnant with The Sequel I gave Baby Girl the peed on stick and told her to give it to her dad, so you guys can see how this is very funny at this time). To make a long story short John was overjoyed when he found out he was getting World Series tickets instead of another baby.

When I gave him the tickets I told him to take a friend and that I wanted him to have the best day of his life. JR has been a super fan since we has 8 years old and I have heard him talk, yell, and scream every year for almost 13 years about those Astros, so I would be damned if he was not going to a game. I mean, who knows when the Astros will make the World Series again and hey, at least he can say he was there.

No comments: