Thursday, October 06, 2005

I Thought I Had Heard It All

On Tuesday JR and I picked up Baby Girl from school. On the way home Baby Girl said that she had forgotten a piece of paper and that it was “very important”. We went back to school; she got out, and came back with a green paper. I read it, “What the Hell?” so I read it again. I just had to read it out loud so the words could penetrate my brain. Pretty much the school was telling us that our daughter could wear regular clothes (No Uniforms) on Thursday for the low, low (I added that) price of $1!

Ok, we pay tuition and we paid for a uniform, now they want us to pay $1 for her NOT to wear them. I was stunned. My first reaction was “You are wearing your uniform on Thursday, Baby Girl”, but I guess they must of worked them over in class, because she was not taking any of it. She started to tell me how the teacher had told them they had to wear their “special” clothes; they could wear anything they wanted, blah, blah, blah. The teacher must be getting a commission or something. Baby Girl said that EVERYONE was doing it.

It is not the $1 is the principle of the thing!!

Last night Baby Girl picked out her “special” clothes. I said that she should wear flip-flops with her outfit (a really cute Hello Kitty Asian inspired pair, but flip-flops none the less). I mean dealing with a 4 year-old in flip-flops the whole day sure makes paying $1 so worth it.

No comments: