Tuesday, November 14, 2006

To Leave or Not To Leave

I need your advice…I am contemplating quitting my job. Life has gotten really hectic now days. I am busy 24/7, it has gotten to the point that I can not keep up with the house or everyday responsibilities. My house looks like a war zone most of the time.

Early this year I started my own business, my very own LLC, yippie for me. Every thing is going well with it and would love to be able to spend real; I mean real time, not a couple of hours here and there, doing things to promote the business.

My company - the paying job - has been going through a lot of changes. A month ago 50 people were laid off. Part of me would like be laid off, because I would have more of a “their loss” attitude. If I have to quit I think I will regret it somewhat. I think I will cry for a week. I have been there for seven years.

JR says he will support my decision, but I feel like me not working or “pulling my own weight” will be an issue. I feel like I will have to justify my very expensive taste or that I would have to ask him for permission to buy something. I know that the issue WILL come up and that will have me running to the nearest McDonald to flip some burgers!

I am so confused right now. I also feel that I will never be to get another job. Someone help! Ok, if any of you out there have gone through this let me know how it turned out – and make it a happy ending. Just kidding. I just really want to know about the transition between bread winner to bread beggar.

No comments: