Monday, March 30, 2009

My Ghetto Daughter

My daughter will kill me today! We are looking at twirling outfits for competition...I want elegant and classy, she wants Rainbow Brite meets a bag of Skittles topped with "sparkles and lots of colorful gems". Yay me!!
I don't know where this girl gets it from. If the piece of clothing has sparkles, rhinestones, glitter, or butterflies she is all over it. She is not my daughter! I try to take her to the nice stores, I take her to Ralph Lauren and say, you can have anything you want, she just looks at me and says, no, thanks! She is a lover of that place they call Justice. I was a frienemy of Limited Too, they had some nice stuff mixed in with the overpriced Hanna Montana and Jonas Brother t-shirts. Since LT is gone, I am stuck with Justice. Great!
Aside from my hatred of anything she pics, she does make me laugh inside a little. She sounds so mature at explaining to me how she is the one wearing clothes and how I need to understand that we both have different tastes. Then of course I have to remind her that I am the one paying for the clothes!
I do compromise some, but dread the day that she gets a part-time job just to pay for her own clothing.
Sigh!

No comments: