Monday, November 17, 2003

Yes, yes, I know, I said I was going to write a lot sooner about the concert, but to tell you guys the truth it took me several days to recuperate. Ok, let me start at the beginning...It was a hot and muggy night in Houston, well, it was!, anyway, back to my story, we arrived late, my sister wanted to have dinner before the concert, I wanted to be there by seven, anyway, by the time we got to Downtown, battled the traffic, found a place to park, and waited in line to get in, my band, Rabanes, was already up on stage, OH MY, I must go!!! I ran to the front and elbow my way to a very decent place on the floor right in front of the stage. Wow, Rabanes were awesome and I was so close I could see the sweat dripping from their faces (I guess I still think that is cool). After their set we went upstairs to seat and that is when it turned ugly. After so much jumping up and down and dancing I had worked up a thirst, so I requested a $9.50 Miller Lite. Ok, everybody say with me $9.50!! Anyway, Maldita Vecindad and Motolov were great. After the concert we, well, I , was looking for the band and I was told they would be at the Hard Rock, but by the time we got there they were already gone, boo, hoo. But I took the opportunity to enjoy a couple of more cocktails and make new friends (I even got a free hat!). Yeap, it was a FUN night.

No comments: