Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Shakira in Houston

Sporting my new Urban Decay “Spandex” eyeliner and my favorite black espadrille tie-up shoes I made my way to the Toyota Center to see Columbian Goddess Shakira.

The show started a little late with Wyclef Jean taking the stage a little past 8pm. His sister came out for a song, man that girl can sing! I had mixed feeling about this part of the show, but JR seemed to enjoy it.

At 9pm Shakira appeared on stage. She was amazing. Her hips gyrated all over the place. She sang some of her new songs as well as old favorites. Every one danced and sang. Baby Girl was super excited, but fell sleep before the show ended, not bad for her first concert!

Overall, it was a good time. This reminds me, I need to sign up for belly dancing classes. Does any know of a good place?

No comments: