Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Buyer Beware

I was at Sam’s yesterday and decided to pick up some cookies. When I was in the cookie aisle I had to choose between my favorites the Keebler cookie pack (chocolate chip, m&m cookies, sandies, and iced animal) or the 100 Calorie Packs (Chips Ahoy and Oreos). I must of not had been thinking straight because I decided to get the box of 24 100 calorie packs.

I must say that it was not a hard decision to make. I thought, I need to loose weight, cut my calorie consumption, and need to get involved with more vegetables and fruits. To tell the truth I am a bad dessert eater. I do ok with food, but I need to have something sweet after I eat, I don’t know what it is but I am addicted to sugar. The fact that the whole box of 24 100 calories packs weighed 0.5 oz should have given me a clue they were not going to satisfy my sweet tooth.

As JR is loading the items into the car he notices the lightness of the package and tells me that he thinks I got taken because I bought some air in a box. I tell him that I think that each pack just has one cookie. Anyway, I get home, have lunch, and then it hits me, I need some sugar. I go over the box and grab a pack of the Chips Ahoy. I sit down to enjoy my cookie and nothing. Nothing happens, no sugary rush going to by brain telling me I am happy. No burst of energy. No nirvana experience. I was just sitting there eating some crispy things that provided no emotions.

Needless to say, money wasted, oh, Baby Girl does have some friends that are always asking for a snack. What a better way to get them off my back forever!

No comments: