Saturday, January 20, 2007

American Idol Dreams

American Idol is getting inside my head and inside my dreams. I think it is kinda funny and hope I am not the only person this happens to, but don’t you think you sound so much better after hearing all those poor souls on TV? I find myself singing louder than usual and I actually think I sound good. Then I stop and realize that those delusions are what drive thousands of people to seek stardom on American Idol. I better be glad I no longer qualify or else I would be one of those fools on the tube.

Anyway, last night I had my first ever American Idol dream. I dreamt that I was one of the finalists – I saw myself on stage and all made up (I looked marvelous!) – and guess what song I was singing? Guess? I was actually singing George Michael’s Last Christmas. I don’t think I was going to win with that one. I do like the song, ok, I like it a lot and I am sad the radio stations only play it around Christmas, but I don’t think I could win American Idol with that song alone.

I do have a bone to pick with AI. I just don’t like the way they make people feel bad for the way they look. Ok, I can understand bad fashion sense, or bad hair, and being totally off on the make-up application, but to make fun of someone’s appearance, something they can not change, it is totally wrong!! Two thumbs way down to AI in that department. Booooo.

No comments: