Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bad Mood

I hate being in a mad mood. I think it sucks, but for some reason I cannot help it. The things that got me in a bad mood today were –

It is freezing outside and to top it off it started snowing! I hate cold weather. I think that anything below 70 degrees is, well, just not cool. I hate going out when it is cold outside. If it was up to me I would hibernate and wake up in the spring. I however have been a little more open to doing things in these dreaded months, but people can see that I am just not myself.

Second thing that got me in a bad mood is - my dresses. I am going to a formal on Friday. I had the most amazing dress lined up for the event, an amazing, did I say amazing already? BCGI MaxAzria, number. I got it on sale a while back hoping to use it on a special occasion, well, the thing is that the dress looks amazing, there is that word again, from the front, but there is a bulge on the back. My hips are just too wide! Yes, I can lose some weight, but how can I lose 2 inches by Friday? I went back to the closet and I am not happy with anything. Anyway, I go to the store this morning to purchase a dress I saw online and the store tells me that they ship ALL those dresses to another store. It is cold and I don’t want to drive anywhere else. I guess I am wearing a Kay Unger dress on Friday, ugh!

Since I was already in a bad mood and had to start getting ready for tonight’s event everything I decided to wear just seemed wrong, so I decided to just stay home. Bah, humbug!

Third thing – I hate not finding things. Instead of accepting that my house is a giant black hole and everything put down will never be seen again, I try to look for things and get enraged when I cannot find something. When will I learn?

On the way to my mom’s house to drop Baby Girl off (the kids are spending the night over there since I was supposed to be at an event tonight) the snow started to come down fast. BG got super excited; she kept talking about how this day was going to be her number one memory and how awesome it was that it was snowing in Houston. She kept pointing at the sky and looking at it like it was the first time she has ever been outside. I reached over and touched her cheek in hopes that some her passion would somehow infect me. On the drive home I really looked outside, seeing all that snow come down was really a sight. On the driveway I stood still for a couple of minutes letting the snowflakes land on my face. It really felt good to just stand there and enjoy the moment - something I should really do a lot more of instead of getting in a bad mood for things that really don’t matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Kay Unger dresses - I'm surprized your Kay dress didn't put you in a better mood right away! She desgins for real women which is why your Kay dress fits you and looks good - even with your extra 2"!

Chica said...

Thanks Anonymous!! I was just in a bad mood which sucks because I miss a really great party! I decided to wear the Kay Unger dress for Friday's event. Thanks for your comment!