Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tidying up 2008

Why do I feel that New Year’s Eve is such a big deal? After all it is just another night before another day. Scientifically it is, but in my mind it is so much more than that. The last night of the year is a time to tie up all loose ends and wipe the slate clean for the coming 365 days.

A friend once told me that the way you spend New Year’s Eve is how the whole year will be dictated. My grandmother passed away last December 31. Last New Year’s I felt sad, unsure, and uncertain - not a winning combination. The whole 2008 I felt like I had been run over by a school bus and for some reason it kept backing up on top of me! Aaahhhhh, again? Really?? A year like ’08 should never, ever, be repeated again!

This upcoming year I want things to be different. I was to feel 100% sure and in total control of my life. Is that weird or even possible? I want to say goodbye to the old and hello! to the new. I want to wake up every day renewed and in charge – easier said than done, but only time will tell.

Ok, Emails have been written, telephone calls will be made, and texts are ready to be sent tonight. So, now, I am just sitting here waiting for the clock to hurry up and move its little hands and put an end to a horrible year. Good riddance 2008!!

No comments: