Monday, February 28, 2005

The Oscars

Everyone looked breathtaking last night in Hollywood. The dresses, the tuxes, the jewelry, the hairdos, and the bodies inside those dresses looked just amazing. Natalie Portman is just so pretty. Orlando Boom and Johnny Depp - MEAOW!!

I don't know if I liked the new format of having people stand onstage and wait for the announcement of the award, this was only done for behind the scenes work not for the actors, but I think it would have been more interesting to have the actors up there. I think it would have looked like the Ms. Universe pageant. Imagine...all the 5 finalists on stage waiting to hear who will be named the next Best Actress. All of the sudden a name is called - Hilary Swank - everyone yells and runs to hug her, she starts to cry and saying no, no, no, me?! me?! while shaking her head in disbelief. Finally someone gives her the statue and she makes her speech. Maybe next year.

Did anyone notice the amazon woman given out the statues on stage? I swear she towered over everyone by a foot. I was hoping they would stand her next to Prince, but they sent out someone else, this girl was still taller than Prince, who wouldn't be?, but at least she wasn't three feet taller than him.

Another thing that I was able to capture and re-watch thanks to the magic of TiVo was in two separate occasions see two separate individuals in the background totally asleep. Their heads were actually bobbing and the guy’s mouth was actually open. The other was a girl, how embarrassing. I guess that Josh Groban can put anyone to sleep.

No comments: