Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Fuck Me!!

Guys guess what; I have just been fired from my VOLUNTEER job. I deliver, well, delivered welcome baskets to the people moving into our neighborhood. It was a fun thing to do, because I was able to meet new people and talk to area business when I went to pick up the items to put in the baskets.

I am so pissed off, the problem is that the lady is so old, please remember that I love all people, and does not remember things very well. She says that I forgot to pick up the basket yesterday, even though I know for a fact that I had to pick them up today. She also says that I did not return her call one day and that she had to deliver a basket herself. This particular time I remember calling her back and her telling me that since she was stepping out she would deliver it herself. What the Fuck?!!

To clarify things...she, the old lady, puts the baskets together. I have a list of 20 area business that I keep in contact with and call on every time we need something. I am also in charge of delivering the baskets to my area of the neighborhood. Clear?

I have never been fired from a volunteer position before. I am not getting paid, I am a volunteer damn it! I have a house, two kids, a husband, and a full time job (in my mind it seems like more than that). I am so sorry that I can not be at the lady's house at the drop of a hat. Firing me is a little harsh. I am so fricking pissed off!!

UPDATE - Sorry guys, I forgot to include a piece of information. The lady fires me by leaving a message on my machine. I, not hearing the message, go to her house to pick up the baskets and she gives them to me and tells me to deliver one tomorrow and the other one on Friday! I do not know about the "You're Fired" business until 30 minutes ago when I check my messages.

No comments: