Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Weird Conversation

I was at Wal-Mart today picking up some last minute items I need for my outside Christmas decorating. For some reason I feel that I need to keep up with the crazies down the street – they deserve a whole entry, so I will leave that one for later.

As I am looking at lights a lady comes up and stands next to me, nothing weird about that, except that she is talking to herself, nothing unusual about that either, I think; we have all done it at some point or another. I look at her and smile, she tells me that she was talking to herself (helllllo!! we all heard you lady). I make a joke and say, well, you know what they say, as long as you are not answering yourself you are ok. She tells me she answers herself and “my psychiatrist (holy crap!!) says that as long as I am talking to someone that it’s there I am ok. He will start to worry if I am talking to a…” at this point she starts waving her hand in front of her face and I say “imaginary”, she says, “yes, someone that does not exist”.

Moral of the story – stay away from the Christmas aisles, anyone that has waited this late in the game to get their Christmas shit together is dealing with other forces or voices inside their head.

No comments: