Monday, February 06, 2006

The Freaky Family

I have looked at Craigslist a lot, seen it all, and I have never, ever, come across an ad like this. Please bear in mind that this ad was posted in the baby/kid items for sale.


Couple with Toddler Seeking Friendship with Similar Couple

Do you love the T.V. show Yes,Dear? Do you wish that was your social life? Well, we may be just the friends you are looking for. I have a personality like Christine and my husband is more like Greg. I am 26 and he is 28....we have 2 kids, and 19 month old girl and a 7 month old boy. We like movies, pool, board games, camping, the beach, the zoo, childrens museum, etc. We have outgrown our friends, they are still single and have no idea what a life is like when you are married with kids...they still go clubbing...this life is not for us anymore! We rarely have baby sitters, so activities that involve the whole gang are good. Maybe you guys could come over and let your kids play with ours while we drink wine, play board games, and talk? Maybe we could all go to the zoo, or the park?

Here is a list of the qualities we admire and are looking for:

  • 1. Honesty

  • 2. Laid Back

  • 3. Fun Loving

  • 4. Working Professional

  • 5. Intelligent/Clever/Resourceful/Good Common Sense

  • 7. Open Minded

  • 8. Good Sense of Humour

  • 9. Nice


Email me and lets chat some more.


The last line really got me…“Maybe you guys could come over and let your kids play with ours while we drink wine, play board games, and talk?” I keep thinking of that weird couple on Saturday Night Live called The Lovers - The English Professors played by Will Ferrell and Rachel Dratch. Freaky.

Update - I just noticed that No.6 is missing. I wonder what was there. Anything before "open minded" had to of been interesting.

No comments: