Thursday, February 02, 2006

Here Is What Happened...

Tuesday was the day from hell. I was in a rush the whole day. I woke up, got ready, and took Baby Girl to school. I drove to BFE because I was invited to a resale party and since I love anything with the word resale on it I went. I found out that Houston is HUGE. It took me a whole hour to get there.

After the party, in which I got a lot of neat stuff, I drove to my Doctor’s office. It seems that the new Walgreens can not get their act straight and can not seem to be able to contact a doctor (I have been trying for a month!!) for a prescription refill, so I had go and pick up a written prescription.

After the DRs I went to the post office. I forgot to mention that I had stayed up really late on Monday (or Tuesday morning) night getting the sold eBay items ready. I made a whopping $250. At the post office, like usual, there was the line from hell. Hell is getting very, very popular.

After that I drove home and got JR to take me to Avis to pick up a rental car. Another wait, great!

Behind the wheel of the rental I went to drop off the prescription at Walgreens. The prescription would be ready in an hour, so I drove home and packed.

JR went to pick up Baby Girl at school and I went to pick up my mother (both Baby Girl and my mother are going with me on the trip). My mother informs me that she left her wallet in my step-dads car and needs me to take her to pick it up, great.

I finally get home and get everything in the car. On the way out I stop at the drive-thru window at Walgreens to pick up my prescription. There is a line from hell and people keep stacking up behind me. One more car and I am next, I say. Well, I was waiting behind that car for the next 20 minutes!!! I could not back up, I was stuck. The only reason I was able to free myself was because everyone behind me moved to the second lane. I was furious!! When I was finally able to back up I drove around and went inside. I hate those people!! I spoke to the Pharmacy Manager and told him there is a reason they have a drive-thru and express pay - it is supposed to be fast. He just looked at me with that “I am not really listening” look. I wanted to jump across the counter and slap him.

With prescription in hand we finally make our way to Dallas. Yippie!! The excitement would not last long, at about 90 miles from Houston the traffic comes to a complete stop and we are taken off the freeway and into HELL. We were on stop and go traffic, on a two lane narrow road, for about an hour, we went through Falba, and Midway,Texas. I am about to kill someone when all of the sudden I look and see a beautiful sunset. I guess that is all I needed to take me to my Zen place. All the hatred just melted away, ahhhhhh.

No comments: