Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol - Series Finale

Yes, I have decided to post about AI. I have been mad about the show and promised not to write about it ever again, but I am making an exception given last night’s show.

I thought the show teetered between entertaining and flat out weird. I thought it was nice that they had so many actual, established, singers there. I was very surprised to see Prince. Does a 16 year-old know who Prince is? Anyway, here is my own version of the American Idol Golden Awards, the winners are…

“Don’t Make Me Look Stupid Again Award” goes to – Kellie. Kellie did not get a singing solo, but do they have to embarrass her by having a weird moment with Wolfgang Puck?? The whole 2 minutes were very odd and I kept thinking, Kellie just eat it, just eat it!! But she did not eat the snail. They actually showed her getting it out of her mouth (on a napkin) and placing it on the floor. I thought that they could have done something more interesting with her and Mr. Puck other than making her look like a fool…again.

“Weird Couple Award” goes to - Katherine and Meatloaf. Ok, what was up with the Katherine/Meatloaf duet? WEIRD. He looked like an uncaged bull. And what was up with the red handkerchief? I did not think that they made a good pair. “If I touch you like this or if I touch you like that…” oooh, gross.

“WTF Award” goes to – Clay Aiken. When I first saw him come out I thought it was Barry Manilow or Wayne Newton. I only realized that it was Clay when weirdo guy, the guy that won the Clay Aiken impersonation award, started freaking out. Very, very odd. I am going to vote two-thumbs way down on that makeover. With that look he is headed to become one of those eccentric - plastic surgery, fake tan, hair plugs, lounge singer, Wayne Newton wanna be.

Before - as we knew him

clay1


Now

clay2

No comments: