Thursday, July 24, 2008

Love Me, Love My Doll - Creepy

I pride myself in being an open minded individual. I think that people have the right to live their life however they see fit, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING, could prepare me for the BBC America Reveals - Love Me, Love My Doll program. My mouth remained opened in disbelief throughout the whole show.

The 60-minute episode was about people, well, better said, men that have “relationships” with dolls. You know those real looking, life size dolls that cost thousands of dollars. When I say “relationship” I mean that these men actually think that they are having a boyfriend/girlfriend type of relationship with the doll. Some of them have actually given up dating, like one guy said “organic” women to pursuit, is pursuit the right word here?, cohabitating with dolls! One guy even went as far as to take family pictures with his plastic, perfectly proportioned, girlfriend.

I saw Lars and the Real Girl a couple of months back and thought that the movie a little kooky. The flick deals with a guy that buys a doll and lives with it until he meets a real girl. I guess the movie idea had to come from somewhere. Man, I have seen it all now.

By the way I LOVE the BBC’s Reveals series. It is kinda like FX, but with real people.

No comments: