Thursday, June 03, 2004

To be in Dallas or not to be...

You guys are not going to believe this. A couple of days I blogged about how I was so busy getting ready for our vacation but had to work. Well, yesterday my boss calls me and says that he needs me in Dallas ASAP. I got a car, made the 4 hour trek, and checked into my hotel (Renaissance Dallas Hotel - I did not like it very much). Once I got there I called the guy I was going to be working with, he did his stuff, and we started testing. We were there for about 15 minutes and nothing was happening. He puts me on hold to do his stuff and then comes back and asks me "Where are you at?" I told him I was in Dallas. He says "Well, the point code says you are supposed to be in Houston" I tried to remain calm "What?! I just drove four hours to Dallas from Houston!!" We called my boss and he could not believe it either.

Geez, since Dallas was getting hit by a huge storm at 8:30pm I decided to get out of there at 8pm. I was glad I did because as I was driving out of town the sky got scary dark and the wind was blowing so hard that 18 wheelers were swerving. Crazy stuff.

So now I am not only home busy (laundry, packing, etc.) but also have to do the work I would of done yesterday in Dallas. Sucks!

No comments: