Monday, July 19, 2004

Boston Recap

Well, I finally made it back home from Boston. I love going there but this time the visit was not as great mostly because I had to be there till Sunday (I saved the company $1000 by having a Saturday night stay) and I could not drink. I am not a BIG drinker, but I do enjoy a beer here and there. Plus it seems that all my co-workers do is drink. Well, it is fun getting together with people you only see once a year and talking while kicking back a few. I usually enjoy doing that a lot more than I did this time...Maybe I was not drunk enough.

The work meetings were long and boring. We had the Quality something, Sexual Harassment, and the Save Internet Usage or what I like to call the - "do-not-do-anything-on-your-computer-ever-again-or-else-a-giant-virus-will-infect-
your-machine-and-you-will-not-only-loose-your-job-but-you-will-be-sued-by-the-company" meeting. The self-proclaimed "Super Hacker" had us all pretty scared.

I also had my yearly evaluation. I got a raise 3.5% and a CE (constantly Exceeds) which will come in handy when the yearly bonuses roll around.

Overall, this company meeting was good. Oh, yeah, we are all heading back to Boston in December for some training...yippie me (sarcastic. Not that I do not like Boston, but it seems that the weather knows when we, or me, are coming. This year it rained half the time and last winter New England had their first snow storm of the season which stopped traffic for 2.5 hours. Yeap, I just love Boston in winter).

No comments: