Friday, July 30, 2004

The Dreaded Phone Call

Today as I was checking my messages I heard a recording that went something like this "Hello Chica, this is Bertha from The Women's Center. Please give me a call back". She left her number. I called back, but the office closed at noon. OMG!!!

I thought back about my visit with the doctor. During both exams, blood and vaginal, they said that they would only contact me if something was wrong with the tests. They stated that over and over again. Now I know something is wrong...the exams could of indicated something as trivial as my thyroid medicine needing to increase/decrease or as horrible as that I have a malign tumor and have only 6 months to live. My brain immediately jumped to the tumor...this will not be a good weekend. Maybe that is what I get for making fun in my July 8th post.

The tumor has made me think a lot about my life and all the things I have yet to do. I feel that I need to call someone and patch things over. I need to take my shoes off and run in the rain. Squeeze life dry. Make myself 110% happy. It is really funny how a call like that can make you rethink your life.

I have a LONG weekend ahead of me...you guys have fun out there.

No comments: