Sunday, August 08, 2004

Baby Girl Turns 3

I have been pretty busy all week, not with work, but with putting together my daughter's 3rd bday party.

The party took place Saturday afternoon, because of the usual August heat we decided to start the party at 5pm (if I would of known that the weather was going to be awesome I would of started the party a little earlier).

We had a great turnout. We had over 45 guests, well, before you guys say - 45 guests for a three year old?!!! - you guys must understand that we have a lot of family friends. Not family, but people that we have known forever and that must be part of our family's special day.

When it comes to parties I am a little weird. I used to be an event coordinator so when I think about parties I think pretty big. Some people think that it is odd that a I plan and put so much effort in putting together her parties, but people must understand that we have gone from having three parties a year to just one, mainly because we live so far away and asking our friends to make the drive so often would be pretty inconsiderate.

Anyway, back to the party, I must say (patting my own back) that the party turned out pretty good. We had a princess/medieval theme. We served turkey legs, corn on the cob, assorted breads, berry fruit salad...well, everything that would go with the time period. We had an awesome dragon pinata. The Pinata Place did an awesome job. We rented the Disney Princess castle bouncer. The bouncer is 5 sided and has all the princesses on top, super cute. The cake was a 2-D crown. To top the whole thing I hired a "Princess" that came in dressed like Sleeping Beauty and dressed all the kids up in costumes, put makeup on the girls and mustaches and beards on the boys, played games, gave them prices, and told the kids a story. She was GREAT.

We had a great time well, the party is not over yet, now is time to write all those thank you cards.



No comments: