Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Karaoke on National Television

It has been a week since I have posted anything. Sigh, maybe some of you have heard that the Astros did not make it into the World Series. Maybe next year, sigh. Pettite will hopefully be back and even though I doubt that Beltran will stay with us, as we all know money talks and right now the Yankees are screaming, I think that we have enough momentum to carry us into the next season. Ok, the book is closed on the whole Astros business. I will talk about them again next season.

Last week I celebrated my one year blog-o-versary. Yippie for me!!

Not Cool Beans - to Saturday Night Live. For some reason my husband finds it necessary to TiVo Saturday Night Live. I always get upset when I see that little green light on between 10:30 to midnight on Saturdays because I find it a waste of my hard drive space, but this past Saturday TiVoing it came in handy. I was doing some eBaying while my husband saw the humorless show (his time not mine) and I joined him at the end just in time to see Ashlee Simpson apologize to the audience for a mistake her band made. I quickly told J.R. to rewind to see what had happened. OMG, I felt so embarrassed for the girl. I mean, I thought the girl had no talent, but for her to confirm it in national television was a dream come true. For those who do not know what happened, or what didn't, here is the news story...here.

But, why is everyone speaking up against Ashlee when SNL has always said that they only allow "LIVE" shows on their show? I am beginning to wonder what they mean by live. Boo, hoo to SNL. They all knew she was going to lip-sync and they allowed it to happen.

No comments: