Monday, October 11, 2004

My So-So Weekend

On Friday, I headed to the Flying Saucer to meet the other Houston Tiaras. The event is always a lot of fun, because it lets us, first, put faces with names and, secondly, it lets us catch up with each other. There is always something new and exciting going on that you have not read about. Congrats to Cybertoad on all her weight loss and to I Don't Think on her upcoming nuptials. See how much fun it is!!! Pics link to Cybertoad's site.

On Saturday, we hung out and saw the awesome Astros kick some Atlanta a*s. GO 'Stros.

On Sunday, we actually went to the game. Let me just say this, there were 5 seconds at the surprising ending of the game were no body moved, there was just silence and looks of disbelieve. I felt so bad for J.R. He is a die hard Astros fan and I had gotten him tickets for Sundays game because I thought that we were going to win, we did have the home field advantage after all. After the loss there was sadness every where. The fact that we had a couple of Atlanta's fans in our section did not help matters much, but it was good for some comic relief. Some of them were quiet, while another hackled and fought with the drunken Astros fans, not always a good move. To say the least that Atlanta fan ended up leaving early.

Today is another day...Go Astros!!!!

No comments: