Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Growing Up Is Hard To Do

Baby Girl started school today. She just looked so cute in her little uniform. She was SO excited this morning that she got up with out me even waking her up.

I, on the other hand, was extremely confused this morning. I was told that her school ran with the same schedule as CISD, but they don’t start school till tomorrow. I woke up this morning expecting to see a line of cars behind my fence (we live right behind an elementary school), but there were no cars. So, as any person would do, I started questioning my sanity. I tried calling the school, but there was no answer. It became a Twilight Zone moment for me…is it this week or next? What day is it?

I figured I would get Baby Girl ready anyway, make her a lunch, take some pics, and drive to the school just to be sure. My mom that was with me told her “we are going for a ride to the school just for fun, if there are kids there you will get off, if not we will just have a fun ride”. We just did not want to get her hopes up, but Baby Girl quickly added, “We can go on a picnic”.

We drove to the school and, yes!!, there were cars there. I walked her in and she gave me a kiss and said bye. I know she is doing great, but my heart just can’t understand that she is getting older; I guess I am the one that is having a harder time growing up. Sniff, sniff.

No comments: