Monday, August 08, 2005

The Real Boston Update

Our Boston trip was a lot of fun. We left on Saturday morning at around 5:30am for the airport...yeap, a little too early for me (JR booked the trip). I must say that The Sequel was awesome on the plane, I was a little afraid at first he being a little more needy that Baby Girl at that age, but I guess the both have good traveling genes because they were both great on the plane.



After we got the car, which was hell, because we seem to have the stroller from hell that did not fit in a regular sized trunk, we made our way to our hotel room in Bedford, MA.

The day was awesome, sunny, breeze, no humidity, so we decided that it was a good day to go to the beach. After talking to a couple of people we decided on Hampton Beach in New Hampshire.



After the beach we were invited to dinner at a friend’s house. Thanks Gus and Steph. They are the couple that you love to hate, the kind that has a great kitchen and came make dirt taste awesome. Yeah, I hate them!

On Sunday we made our way to Concord, Mass to the North Bridge, the site where the firsts shots of the Revolution were fired. I don’t know why, but I really like that place. I guess I just remember being pregnant with Baby Girl and going there for a picnic or to take a nap next to the water. I think it is just so neat that there is so much history in and around Boston.





From there we drove down to Boston. I wanted to take a pic of The Sequel at the Public Garden near the ducks. Baby Girl had a picture taken there at the same age, so I thought it would be nice to do the same thing with The Sequel.



One thing I never did while living in Boston was ride the Swan Boats. They have actually been there since the early 1900s. I guess is one of those things that you do when you have a child that desperately wants to get on them.

For me there is nothing better to do in Boston than strolling through the park (with great weather) and looking at the flowers, statues. It is just a nice place.



After the park we walked up Boylston Street to Copley Square.





On Monday through Wednesday I had training at the office, so I was not able to go out and see the city. But on Thursday I had a day off (the rest of the group went on a gambling boat, so I opted out of it) so we decided to drive up to Gloucester and go whale watching.







We so totally lucked out this year with the weather. Last year when I was there in the summer it rained all week and it was unusually cold. I am supposed to be up there again in December, I really, really, hate snow and it just so happens that the first snow of the season usually falls the days that I am there.

No comments: