Friday, August 26, 2005

How Do They Do It??

How do some women have the power to look awesome/flawless at all hours of the day?

This is a conundrum that has perplexed me for some time now. As most of you guys know I work from home and my every day uniform consists of shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, and ponytail. I am pretty low key most of the time. If I go out, well, I dress up, but most of the time I am just hanging. I would think that that would be the case for most women with children living around me in the suburbs, but it is not.

Baby Girl has gymnastics at 10:30 am and I can swear that people get dressed up to go there. These women have makeup, hair done, and cute matching clothes. These women look like they are going to a party afterwards or something. I experience the same thing when I drop off Baby Girl at school. Her drop-off time is 8:50-9am, by the time I am assuming that most parents there are stay at home, but I pretty much see the same thing there. The only thing that saves me is the car line. I can wear dark shades, a hat, and drop her off without having to get out of the car.

Going to the Y sucks also (I go mid-day because I hate crowds). You would think, ok, one, it is the Y and two, people are there to exercise and get sweaty, but that is so not the case. Women actually go there with makeup and their hair done! Ok, I can understand that one day they had a meeting or something, but everyday I have been there??!! I don’t think so.

I just don’t know how they do it. Maybe I am just a slacker that cherishes her sleep a little bit too much. When I go out out it takes me one hour to take a shower, put makeup on, do my hair, and get dressed. I would not do that every day unless I had paying job to go to. Maybe these mommies are dressing for success, but who do they talk to about getting a raise??

No comments: