Thursday, September 29, 2005

rita, Rita, RITA!!!

I am so tired of hearing about Rita. If you were affected by the hurricane I am so sorry, but if you are one of the 3.5 million people in Houston that was not, I bet you feel the same way I do when I say, let’s move on already!

Yesterday, I was watching one of the shows that I TiVoed that aired last Wednesday night (before Rita), I can see how people felt like grabbing their kids and running for the hills. The bottom of the screen had a scroll that pretty much said “Leave Now” flashing constantly across the screen.

We got back home from our vacation on Sunday. The airport was pretty empty and so were the streets. On the way home from the airport there was an eerie feeling in the air, it was like walking through a carnival after it closes; there are wrappers and trash on the floor and the look of chaos all around, but there is no one around to tell you what happened.

The home was ok, only a massive amount of branches and pine needles. Some roof shingles came off, but the roof is not leaking.

On Monday we decided to go to Sam’s and pick up some items. When we got there we thought the store was closed because there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot, but nope, it was opened. It was been nice having less people in Houston though, no lines, no parking problems, no traffic.

I will post some pics of the vacation a little later. Right now I am catching up on work and TiVo. I am also trying to stay away from those meteorologists that are predicting that another terrible storm is heading for, yes, you guess it, Houston.

No comments: