Wednesday, September 07, 2005

"When I Was Your Age I Had To Walk..."

Tonight before her bedtime, I was reading Baby Girl a book titled Charming Opal. The book is about a little girl pig that has a loose tooth, looses the tooth, finds it, and gets a visit from the Tooth Fairy.

After the book was over I had the following conversation with Baby Girl –

BG: “Does the Tooth Fairy live in Texas?”

Me: “Yes”

BG: “How does she know where I live?”

Me: “When you start getting some loose teeth I will email her and give her the address”.

BG: “When you were little did the Tooth Fairy visit you?”

Me: “Yes, but we did not have email, my mom had to send her a letter by mail. (I thinking this was not clear had to elaborate) See, when I was little we did not have computers”

BG: “You did not have computers??” She said sounding very amazed.

Me: “Computers were not around when I was little. If we had to get in touch with someone we actually had to get a pen and paper out and write them. I did not have a computer when I was little like you do today”

I could not control myself and started to laugh, I actually sounded like my grandmother when she told me about her first ride in a car! Oh, no, I had come up with my own version of “walking to school in a foot of snow” old-timer story. I feel really old right about now.

No comments: