Thursday, June 15, 2006

Adventures at the Doctor’s Office

Today I had a doctor’s appointment, not because I wanted to, but because the doctor would not approve my medication that I have been taking for the past almost 10 years without seeing him first.

I should be ready for the visit, but it always surprises me, time just flies and six months go by quickly. Anyway, I finally get in to see the doctor and he asks me what I am doing there. I tell him that I just need my blood checked because I need a new prescription. He asks me if there is anything else wrong, this always makes me wonder since he is a doctor I am thinking he sees something I don’t. I tell him that I have been feeling great, have lots of energy, and that I on a quest to loose 25 pounds by December. I tell him that I have embarked on a new exercise program. He looks at my chart and tells me that I have been loosing weight, I say, yes, but that does not count since it is baby weight. I ask if there is something I can take, given my lack of thyroid I can not take any of the over the counter supplements. He looks at me and prescribes lots of exercise. Thanks Doc!

A little later a nurse comes in, I make my usual serious joke, he, he, are you good at this? She says, no one has complained yet. I tell her that people usually have a hard time finding a vein. She says, I don’t know why since there is a big one right there. She proceeds to do her stuff and I close my eyes (I should be used to this since I get poked once every six months or once a month when I am pregnant). When I open my eyes all I see is my arm full of blood and blood dripping on the floor and on my new Juicy pants! AHHHHH. She will not take the needle out. Ahhhhhhhh. I finally tell her to and she does.

I see her eyeing the same arm and I tell her that there is no way she is going for the same vein! She takes my other arm and actually tells me that she is nervous!!! WHAT? I say.
She pokes my other arm with no problem and I am outta there. I don’t think I can ever get used to that.

No comments: