Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Chunky

The other day JR tells me “I don’t know how to tell you this, but you are starting to get kinda flabby”. Yes, my face looked just like yours does now. After I remembered to breathe and my mouth closed, I said “I will take that as a compliment since you did say starting”. Yes, boys and girls my body is mushy. If I wave I feel the fat in my thighs ripple back and forth…yuck.

The sequel was born a year ago (oops, I have not upload the bday pictures) and I have NOT lost my baby weight. I do have a good excuse though; I have a Bulging Disk and Swollen Cartilage in my pelvic region. I found all this out because after having the pain for so long, and getting no help from the medical establishment, I decided to have an MRI done. Getting the MRI were the 30 most claustrophobic minutes of my life. I wanted to scream “get me the fuck out of here!!”

Anyway, the Dr. says that there is nothing he can do about the swelling, wow, I want his job, get paid to do nothing. The part of the back that I am having a problem with has lost all of its watery material (I dunno what it is called, but is goes between the disks) and it is rubbing against a nerve, making it painful for me to even walk sometimes. There are several options to alleviate the pain, but the least severe is to have a shot of cortisone injected into my spine…fuck me. The other options involve some or other type of surgery, which I will have to consider if the shot does not work.

I have an appointment for the shot next week. I am, right now, looking for any excuse not to have it done. I even excised today to see if my pain tolerance has gone up, but no, it hasn’t. I guess I am going to have to get it done (I keep thinking of that scene in Pulp Fiction were John Travolta has to revive Uma – ok, yes I know, different drug and different place in the body, but I am pretty sure the needle looks the same). JR - please remember that honesty is not always the best policy…ass!!

No comments: