Friday, April 14, 2006

Houston Bound

I am finally on my way home. It has been a LONG week.

Kerrville is nice, it is located in the Hill Country very close to Fredericksburg. There are a lot of hills and winding roads, driving was fun. Downtown Kerrville is filled with unique shops, antique shops, and boutiques. In the new and used bookstore I found some 1st edition Golden Books and a Commemorative Wizard of Oz book (have I mentioned that the whole family is going to New York in a few weeks and that we will be seeing Wicked again?).

Work went horribly. The company I was working for hired another company to take care of our side of the business. So, I not only had to deal with the company itself, but also with the other middle guy. This guy, lets call him Dork, reminded me of Michael, boss guy, of The Office! I had the same feeling dealing with Dork as I do seeing the show – you really think the guy an idiot, but somehow feel sorry for him. Ok, get this; we were working with this guy named Bernie and all of the sudden he starts making references to the movie Weekend at Bernie’s. WTF. He would say “woo, hoo, Weekend at Bernie’s, yeah!”

Anyway, long story short, I actually had to work or pretend to work since I was in front of the client…I just hate that.

Oh, yeah, another thing, everyone at the office was on a diet. They were all eating raw carrots and broccoli and of course I was sitting there eating my huge brisket sandwich with chips and a soda. Wait, that is not all, the office manager was actually reading other peoples nutritional values as they ate. Needless to say, I ate at my desk after that.

I am so glad the week is over. I NEED a drink, but that will have to wait till next Friday. Today I am spending quality time with the kids.

No comments: