Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Worst Kind of Procrastinators

JR and I are the worst kind of procrastinators. We think of doing everything else except what really needs to be done.

We both have our plates full, and I don’t mean a dieter’s plate, I mean, the buffet is about to close, lets hurry up and get our food, lets pile it on, type of plates. JR has brought up the idea of going to one of those time management seminars where they teach you to how to effectively use your time, but we keep putting that off.

Take this example…I have a business that needs to be worked on really, really bad. JR has been helping me, but with work (he has been out of town lots and I have been super busy with my job), the kids, the house (what little we do clean it), and some sort of social life, the business keeps getting put on the back burner. Understandable I say.

Anyway, on Saturday JR says, hey, I think I am getting a grill. I say ok! Let’s go look. While at the store I find a book on patio design ideas and think it would be cool to have something to put the grill on. I keep looking and find these really cool pavers, without thinking about it we embark on a house project. I really do not let JR touch the house, I have succumbed to idea that any job should be left to the professionals, but think that, a. this seems like a simple project, b. it is outside, and c. it is not even touching the house too much. So, I am comfortable with doing the job ourselves.
How does the line go? “And thus began our treacherous journey”.

The project is supposed to be finished by Friday, so I will keep you guys posted. There are 101 I should be doing instead, but like I said we are expert procrastinators.

No comments: