Monday, April 10, 2006

My Weekend – The Bad, The Good, and The Ugly

On Saturday we got up at 7:30 in the morning because Baby Girl had her last soccer game of the season and, of course, we did not want to be late. Since it was her last game a party at the park was to follow and she was super excited. Well, the excitement was short lived; she woke up in a bad mood and did not want to go to the game. We finally convinced her to go, but then she did not want to wear her uniform. We finally got the uniform on, but she did not want to wear her soccer socks, well, I found her some other ones. We got to the game and her team was wearing BLACK, BG was wearing RED (there was a mix-up in the email), she freaked some more. The coach had an extra shirt, but she refused to wear it. She did not play the whole game and we end up leaving before the game ended. There was no way she was going to that party! I am just glad that was the last game.

Saturday night we made plans to go out to eat with my Sorority Sister and special friend Lenny; she now lives in Tucson, AZ. and was on her way back home from pulling over 400 teeth in El Salvador. We meet over at RA Sushi - restaurant, bar, and current hot spot - in Highland Village on Westheimer. The food was ok, but the ambiance was awesome. I highly recommend it. If it wasn’t a small world already, my sister, her boyfriend, and Chloe Dao - of Project Runway fame, were also there having dinner. I could not believe I forgot my camera at home!! Darn it!! After Dinner we headed over to The Social. Saturday is Latin night so there were playing some awesome dance tunes.

We got up early on Sunday...AGAIN, because Baby Girl had a birthday party at 9:30 am, yes, in the morning.

On Sunday afternoon I had to get my stuff ready to go out of town for work. I hate that!! I hate having to say goodbye to the kids. I always tell Baby Girl that if anything happens to me she should know that I always loved her. I also tell her to be nice to her brother and to tell him about me every day – I am tearing up writing this. I HATE leaving them.

The airport is pretty dead when I get there. I find a parking space without even looking for one. Yippie! I check in on gate C for my flight to San Antonio and notice that I am leaving out of gate E24, a good five mile walk from the check-in station. Crap, I guess I WILL be getting in my exercise for the day. I swear, you can not get any further away on the airport than gate E20, ok, E19 is a little further, but that is it. The only light at the end of the tunnel is the Auntie Anne’s Pretzel shop that is 2/3rds of the way there; this trip might be salvageable after all.

No comments: