Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shakira - Houston Bound



I swear this is the first time that belonging to a fan club has paid out.

I was listening to the radio and they were advertising Shakira’s concert in Houston on Sept. 19th. I first I thought, hey, it would be nice to go. The commercial then said that the tickets go on sale this Saturday at the Toyota Center Box Office at 10am. Then I thought, you know what, I am a little too old for that.

I remember the days when I would stand up in line and wait for hours to buy tickets to a concert…Depeche Mode comes to mind (I was at Music For The Masses and it was awesome, but that its another story). Later I established a connection with Lou Walton – The Panther of Lover, from 93Q, do any of you remember when it wasn’t a country radio station? Anyway, we would trade tickets. I have been to a lot of concerts in my life, but I have not been to one in ages. I guess I am a little pickier now days.

Back to Shakira, I have been a Shakira fan since 1995 when “Pies Descalzos” came out. Anyway, I was thinking that it would be nice to go, but did not want to deal with that whole buying ticket mess. Now get this…this is where it gets good, so pay attention…I get home check my email and there is a message from the Shakira Fan Club telling me that I can pre-buy tickets for the concert. I was like, I am so there. I clicked and clacked and a few minutes later I was the proud owner of four seats to the event. It was meant to be.

Ok, so if you are a fan, only fans, no scammers or resellers, go to Shakira.com and follow the instructions and get your own, before going on sale, awesome, no getting up early on Saturday and standing in line, super cool, concert tickets.

See you guys at the show.

No comments: