Tuesday, January 27, 2004

For some strange reason I found myself glued to the tv last night watching "Average Joe - Hawaii". I have never seen the full show before, on the last series I watched it for the first time while exercising in some hotel because someone was there first and I could not change the channel, well, the person exercising with me was really into the show and HE explained what was happening. The only twist I did not know was...that the Average Joe's do not know that they are going to be the average ones. I just found this out when my sister told me. My argument was "why would anyone put themselves up to that?!!" then she told me the shocking truth "because they don't know they are the (I HATE to use the word ugly because I will be contributing to the cruelty) Average Joe's". Oh, sorry, forgot to mention the plot of the show...well, after the Average Joe's get comfy with the girl (a cute girl they are supposed to conquer) the show puts a spin on things by adding (I think) 10 model looking guys. Then the battle it out for the girl. On last nights episode the Above Average guys were added. As the 10 Above Average guys are coming out (one by one and very slowly) you can see the hearts of the Average Joe's sink. I got a horrible feeling seeing all of the Average Joe's insecurities come out. That was the worst part. My heart went out to these guys. The show is horrible. I felt bad, that is so cruel. They might of had a chance if the Above Average hadn't shown up, I mean she does have to chose one. Anyway, Average Joe will be on my list of worst reality show of 2004.

No comments: