Friday, January 23, 2004

There was a really interesting show on the Discovery Health Channel called The Libido last night. It had all the stuff that we already know like - Men look to mate more because they want to spread their seed vs. women that are looking for a strong male with good genetics to father their children. Of course this are very general statements, there are always men that have only a couple of partners their whole life or women in their teens that have sex to fit in and end of pregnant (what daytime talk shows are made of). Anyway, the interesting part of this show was that they had an experiment. They placed a 20 something, ok looking woman in a college campus. She would go up to a guy and say "I have seen you around campus and think you are really good looking would you like to go on a date with me?" 50% of the men asked said yes. She then said "I live just down the street, do you want to go to my apartment?" 69% of the men said yes to this one. Then she said "I think you are really good looking, so you want to have sex?" and 75% of the men said yes!! When they did the same experiment with a male asking women the same questions the percentages were: 50% for the first question, 6% for the second, and 0% for the third. The women actually sounded offended when asked about the sex part. Then a psychologist comes out saying that men are generally looking to spread their seed at a low cost. The psychologist then said that if women were asked - "Would you have sex with ______ (fill in the blank. Someone who is really good looking, I will say Johnny Depp) knowing ahead of time that you will NOT get pregnant and would get a Porsche at the end??" - most women would say YES!! The reasoning behind that was that women are gatherers (her reasoning) and are not willing to give it away for free - "Pay my bills, Pay my bills, Pay my telephone bills" song comes to mind (That is my reasoning).

No comments: