Thursday, September 23, 2004

I Am Pissed...

I am very angry right now, not because of anything that happened to me, but because I feel my sister is being taken advantage off. I hate insurance companies!!!

My sister got hit (see Sept. 21 entry) by a person that does not have insurance, so she has to rely on her own insurance to cover her car. To sum things up...She is getting $4,300 for her car (she just put a new engine on it worth $4,000), once she gets a check she will have three days to return the rental car (which she has not gotten yet since she just got back in to town last night), in those three days she is expected to find a car and if she has to take time off from work they will not reimburse her for lost wages. Why should she be inconvenienced after someone hit her?!

Let me give you some background on my sister and her car. She has owned her little silver Toyota Celica since it rolled off the production line. Yeah, the car was a 1995, but it has less than 70,000 miles on it (my car is a 2001 and I am close to 45,000 already!). She loved it like it was her child, it even still had that new car smelled. I believe that she would of kept that car for another five years, but all that is gone since some lady decided to run a red light and destroy my sister's little piece of heaven.

There is no way that she will ever find a nice car, with low miles, and good working order for the $4,300 she is getting. That sucks!! By the way, she has Geico for her insurance. Now let me tell you about Geico...The will sell her old car for parts, and then sue the lady that hit my sister. They will end up making a nice profit. Assholes!!

Ok, yes, I am venting my anger, but think that it is very unfair what is happening. She would of been very happy with her car for a while longer, but now, through no fault of her own, she has to go and find a $4,300 dollar car. You all know how much it sucks to shop for a car and it sucks much more when they send you to the back of the lot where the $4,300 cars are at.

No comments: