Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Sleepless in Houston

It happened again! Another sleepless night. The theme for last night was 80s movies, well, started out with 80s songs (thanks to Diva Diversions that posted about her favorite song), but since I am not a fan of 80s music the subject quickly turned to 80s movies. Please, please, please, lets keep in mind that during the 80s I was between 9 and 18 years of age, before you post comments about my taste in movies.

There are two movies that I clearly remember watching, but for different reasons. One was Footloose and the other was Terms of Endearment. I just loved Footloose, I loved it so much that I actually paid to see that movie three times. Whatever happened to the girl that played Lori anyway?

The only reason I remember watching Terms of Endearment is because I was babysitting some kid and his mother took us to the movies. Everything was sold out and Terms was the only movie available. I don't even remember half the story, the only thing I remember was that the theatre was so packed that I felt like a sardine.

Aside from those experiences I was a HUGE fan of all things Hughes, John Hughes that is. I love Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, and The Breakfast Club.

During my teens I was also a horror film junkie. I don't think there was one 80s horror film I did not see. I don't even go near the stuff now - no way, no how!

Well, I really hope I am able to catch some ZZZs tonight. Looking at the bright side, me not sleeping does gives me some things to blog about ;)

No comments: