Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Houston Bound

To answer Greg at Dissonance's question, yes, I am out of town again. This week pretty much sucked, but today it is looking a lot brighter.

I am at the airport in San Diego. I talked the guy at the security check point to let me try our newest weapon against terrorism, the EntryScan 3. He laughed when I asked him, but he agreed. He told me to stand still and let the machine do its magic. I put my feet when the carpet with the shoes told me to. I stood still and all of the sudden spurts of air were shot at me from the bottom, my hair went every where. You stand still some more, which seems like an eternity, while everyone in line looks at you and wonders if you are really a threat.

According to the security guy, the air that is shot at you is analyzed, then gamma rays at beamed at you from all sides and you are rendered virtually sterile, nah, just kidding, but I did wonder what was going on. The door on the other side eventually opens and you are free.

I am on my way home today. The week has been crappy, cheez and it is only Wednesday! I will tell you guys all the events that transpired, but keep in mind that there is a 3 hour difference between Texas and California.

On Monday I boarded a plane in Houston that took me to Sacramento, Ca. Oh, yeah, wait, there was a little 4 hour lay over in Phoenix. I finally got to the airport and it took the hotel shuttle almost an hour to come pick me up. I got to the room and it was time to work, after work I managed to workout for 45 minutes. After that I ate dinner, watched a little tv and went to sleep. Got up at 10:40 pm joined a conference bridge and work until almost 4 am. On Tuesday morning I got up at 8:30, had breakfast, took a shower, and went back to the airport.

On Tuesday I headed to San Diego, but since our travel agency sucks and the people that work there suck even more, I had to go back to Phoenix, from Sacramento, and wait there an hour before boarding a plane to San Diego. When I got to San Diego I took a cab, worked, worked out, had dinner, went to sleep, woke up at 10:40pm to work, joined the bridge, and worked until almost 4am

On Wednesday, I got up at 9am, skipped breakfast, took a shower and made my way to the Airport. I am currently in San Diego, waiting for a plane that will take me to Phoenix; from there I will board another plane that will eventually take me home.

No comments: