Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Update - July 31

I am so jet lagging on this blog. Let me give you guys a quick run down on the events that transpired last week.

On Monday I finally took The Sequel to get a haircut. His hair was so long that everyone thought he was a girl! Ok, he is wearing a blue collared shirt, some khakis, and sandals and people are still saying she, what is up with that? it was not like he was wearing pink or anything. Anyway, his first trip to the hair place was a little crazy, he cried, he screamed, he cried some more and at the end I was left with something that did not even resembled my baby anymore; I was left with a little boy. It was kinda sad. It took me three days to finally get used to seeing him with no hair. My little man is growing up, sniff, sniff.

Speaking of growing up, have I told you guys that Baby Girl will be making her first public school appearance in 15 days? I can not believe that she will going to kinder. Her bday is this Saturday. I kiddingly tell her after this birthday she is not allowed to grow up anymore. I tell her that she has to stay small forever. She laughs and tells me that she HAS to grow up, she has to get taller. What she does not know is that I wish I could really keep her from getting older.

On Tuesday we had some guy from Sears come over and take a look at our treadmill. It has not been service in forever and it makes a squeaky sound when you walk on it. He looked at it and said that it needed a new belt and some other thing and that the bill would be almost $400! I told him I would think about it, but I still had to pay $96 for the service call! I guess I will have to stay chunky a little longer.

On Thursday I left for Dallas (work). It was the first time that Baby Girl accompanied me without my mother around. It was fun for me having her around, but I think she got a little bored; she was always waiting for me to finish working. We got back home on Friday.

During the weekend we saw one of the worst movies ever, no I am not being picky, it was really, really bad. Every time I see a movie I always check out imdb to see what it says about the flick, or for any behind the scenes info. Anyway the people at imdb were as confused about I Love Your Work as I was! That is a bad sign.

Two movies that I have seen recently that I really liked are – The Matador and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Both movies were very entertaining with smart and witty writing. Both movies are highly recommended.

No comments: