Wednesday, April 21, 2004

The Agony of The Feet

I love shoes, but I am not a shoe crazy woman. I do not have a closet wall decicated to my foot buddies. I just have a few selected styles that I love and wear all the time.

I think of myself as a fashionable shoe wearer. I am into style more than comfort. That issue is what brings me to write today...
The need for more fashionable and comfortable shoes. There is nothing worst that buying a pair of fabulous shoes and then after two wears decide that you can not even move with them on. I just hate that!!!! It does not matter if they are flats or high heels when a shoe hurts when you walk it just sucks.
Here is an example of my pain - I bought the cutest flip-flops. Flip-flops! I tell you, now you expect them to fit me perfectly, specially, since I am not suspended 4 inches off the floor, but they don't and I refuse to give up on them! They are made by Keds - comfy shoe, you might say, yes, the kind I usually stay away from - and they are the toe flip-flop kind. Well, for some crazy reason the left foot feels awesome, but the right is hurting my second toe in a bad way, but I continue to wear them. I would just hate to give up on them. I am such a trooper.

Last year, I found the greatest shoes ever in both style and comfort. I found them on a sales rack and paid around $15 for them. They fit so well and are so comfy, for being 3.5 inches high, that I went on a quest to find the same shoes but in black. After a month of searching I finally found them, they were lasts year's style and every pair swallowed by the Bermuda Triangle. But guess what?!? They do not fit me like the other ones. Oh, well, my life in a nutshell.

I have come up with a great way to get rid of the foot manglers. I just eBay them. Since they have only been worn a couple of times and are still in stores you can get half of what you paid for them. Half is fine for me, since otherwise those shoes would been in my closet taking up space. The space that belongs to future fabulous shoes.

No comments: