Thursday, April 29, 2004

My Pet Peeve

There is NOTHING more annoying in the world than waiting while the person that is supposed to help you finishes her/his personal cell phone conversation. That drives me insane!!

I have had it happen to me several times already and only once has the clerk apologized (she was getting married on Saturday and there was something wrong with the dress, I am not cold hearted, I can understand that). I though that businesses had some sort of rule about no cell phones on the job or at least while working. If they don't have such rule they should really have one. There is nothing worse than having the white chick scanning your groceries answer her cell phone and turn ghetto right in front of your eyes. I mean, is there no customer service left in the world?!!

It seems that customer service and client satisfaction has been put in the back burner in a lot of establishments. There are no rules for employees, no boundaries, no taboos. The other day I was in line waiting to be rung up while the cashier (female) and another (male) employee, that was sitting behind the counter, discussed how to get the male employee laid (he was gay). Should that be discussed at the job?? In front of people???

Maybe I am getting old, I dunno, but I am tired of hearing party plans, dates gone wrong, moms calling their kids and bitching, and sexual discussions while waiting to make my purchase.

No comments: