Thursday, April 01, 2004

A New Way To Curve Your Spending

As I was driving from Kansas City to Columbia, MO. I was flipping radio stations and happened to stop on a talk show. I usually land on interesting stations discussing interesting subjects, specially when I am in the middle on nowhere. This time was no exception.

The host was talking about debt management and was talking to a caller. The caller started her story by saying that she had dramatically reduced her debt by seeking God's help. She said that before she purchased anything she would pray, no matter how big or small her purchase was, and by doing that she had reduced her debt by $10,000. It always amazes me on what people pray for. I mean, God has nothing else to do but help this woman stop spending money.

In another one of my journeys I actually heard a person break down the residents of heaven and hell by percentages. I mean, how does this person know who goes where and how does he know?




Missouri is COLD. At night is in the high 20's and during the day is in the mid 40s. The trees and flowers have not even bloomed here yet. In Houston my tulips lived and died already. Anyway, I did not know it was going to be so cold. I only brought t-shirts and jeans, so I had to make my way to a Marshall's and get myself an $11 jacket.

No comments: