Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Finished reading The Da Vinci Code a couple of nights ago. I LOVED the non-fiction parts of it, but hated the fiction parts. I hated the fact that "Langdon", one of the main characters, seems like a 007 type. I mean, he seemed to be able to get out, miraculously of situations that every one else would of died at. Also, what was up with the love interest at the end???? It just seemed too Hollywood. I heard they are making a movie and from the looks of it they will not need to work too hard to adapt the book in to a screenplay. I hope they do not use any hokey actors, you know, one of those pretty boys.

Anyway, I did like the non-fiction part of the book. I was glad I had read, among other books, When God was a Woman and Don't Know Much About the Bible: Everthing You Ever Wanted to Learn About the Good Book But Never Learned because they really helped me understand the background/history of what was going on in The Code. I will read the Gnostic Gospel after the current book I need to finally finish reading.


It looks like I will be heading for LA next week. I don't know how I feel about it. I am glad I am going because it has been a while since I have been there and I will get to see my cousin and my good friend Sylvia. But, I don't want to go because I will leave Olivia behind and I have so much to do at home. Plus, this is crazy, my company has gotten a stick up its A@S and we no longer have access to the internet. Before I was able to take my laptop and, with AT&T dial up, surf the internet, but now NOTHING!!! They are sucking. I sent my laptop in for and upgrade and when I got it back everything that I had downloaded had been taken out. Nazis.

No comments: