Saturday, February 28, 2004

The Ironies of Life - 1

Yesterday, for the first time ever, I bought a bag of Always Super Overnight Maxi Pads. I have always used Always slender maxi pads for my everyday period needs, but I thought that it would be better if I bought the larger ones for overnight, you know, for that secure feeling, and left the slender ones for my day needs. Anyway, let me describe these Super things...they are huge. I mean, they go from my belly button to the other side of my back, they are still slender though, so hardly, gasp, noticeable.
The next day, after wearing the Overnights for the first time, I woke up and headed for the toilet, like I usually do. As I am sitting there I look down and see my underwear - there is a huge blood stain on the back! The liquid had completely skipped the pad and gone straight for my underwear!! I am sitting there in shock/disbelief with a "how can that happen?" look on my face. As I am pondering this I decide to check my pajama pants and see that they have also fallen victim to the horror. Oh, Great!! The last time something like that happen I was a teenager and had gotten my period during the night. I could not believe it. So much for that "secure" feeling I thought.

No comments: