Sunday, February 01, 2004

Went to The Main Event last night...it was awesome. It was great to see so much life and so many people in downtown. I still remember going to see Duran Duran at the Coliseum, back in the 80's. Right after the concert we were walking downtown and everything was dark and there were homeless people every where.

I have been seeing the changes take place in Downtown little by little. I have been a promoter of revitalizing Downtown every since I moved back form Boston. I hang out in Downtown Houston quite often mainly because most of my friends work Downtown and it is convenient to meet them there, but yesterday, seeing Downtown so lively brought tears to my eyes, my little baby had grown up.

We got to Downtown pretty early at around 7:00pm, we were lucky that my sister has contract parking, yeah, so parking was not a problem. We walked up Main Street and joined all the people in taking photos of the fountains as the rail went over them (good for you Houston!!). We walked looking for a bar that 1. We could get in and 2. That had no cover. We walked to Warren's, no cover, but it was packed, we walked in and to our surprised we found some friends. They were there and had a table (yippie for us!). We drank, sang songs, drank, met people, drank, bugged people (those crazy Panther fans), drank, took pictures, and drank some beer. After Warren's we hit the streets again, this time there were three times the amount of people out there. It was crazy. We walked, again trying to find a place with no cover, and we ended up at the Hunan Buddah SuperBowl Bash, not Zen at all. There were good tunes and of course beer. Oh, yeah, this girl, I am hoping was drunk, started stripping. She got up on one of the chairs next to the window and pulled her pants down!! We were like, no she didn't!!! But she did it again a few minutes later!!! The manager had to intervene. The stripping was over and so was our night in the new and improved Houston.

No comments: