Thursday, May 06, 2004

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT go to IKEA

I went to Ikea last night because I was looking to get some doors for my shelves. When I got there I was surprised to see the parking lot pretty empty (I usually have to fight for a space). When I went inside the store I saw why - there is nothing there!! Ikea will be moving to a new building (next door to the other one) in August 2004 and as a cost cutting measure they have decided to get rid of all their inventory so they do not have to move it to the new building. The only thing wrong with that is that they are NOT ordering new stuff, so if you are looking for a piece for something you already own you are not going to find it.

The only good thing is that I might go back in a month or so to see if I can buy some displays. We all know that it takes forever to put their furniture together especially after an important piece is missing from the box.

No comments: